On my Gnarled Oak Cardigan. I haven’t touched it since December last year so I picked it up the other day in an effort to work on some of my WIPS that are basicly done except for some finishing work. Gnarled Oak only need the ends woven in, blocking & buttons to be finished. So I spent the last couple of evenings weaving in the ends. And now it’s blocking. With the heat we’re having, plus a fan, it should be dry in no time.
I’m thinking by this weekend I’ll be ready to hit the fabric store for some buttons. If you’ve been reading my blog for a while you might remember that I previously knit this cardigan, blocked it, sewed on the buttons and then tried it on only to discover that it was enormous. Huge, unwearable enormous. Like I knit it for someone 2 or 3 sizes bigger than I am. Turns out my guage was waaaaay off. So I pulled off the buttons & frogged the whole thing. I re-skeined it, washed it and let it hang dry to get the kinks out of the yarn. Then I rewound it into usable skeins and reknit the cardigan. But I lost interest in it somewhere along the line. And while I was waiting to finish the project, I stole the buttons for my Gramps Cardigan. So now I’m buttonless for Gnarled Oak.
I’d button shop on line but I just can’t picture the buttons on the sweater in my mind. I need to hold them, make sure they’re going to fit through my button holes. I want to make sure they don’t look silly with the color of the sweater. I guess I just have no imagination for these types of things. But I can picture myself in the finished garmet and that’s what counts.